Paul Walker (born September 12, 1973; died November 30, 2013) was an American actor famous for his role in the ‘Fast and Furious’ car film franchise.
Paul Walker was born in Glendale, California. His parents were fashion model Cheryl and former fighter Paul William Walker III. He attended high school in the San Fernando Valley and later Sun Valley’s Village Christian School. He studied marine biology in a handful of community colleges in Southern California.
Paul Walker began his acting career in a Pampers diapers commercial. Among his early TV roles were ‘Highway to Heaven’, ‘Who’s the Boss?’, ‘The Young and the Restless’ and ‘Touched by an Angel’. His first film role was as Professor Bennett in 1986’s ‘Monster in the Closet’. In 1998, he appeared in his first feature film, ‘Meet the Deedles’, in which he starred alongside Steve Van Wormer.
After this main role, he landed supporting parts in ‘Pleasantville’ with Tobey Maguire, ‘Varsity Blues’ alongside James Van Der Beek, ‘She’s All That’ opposite Freddie Prinze, Jr. and ‘The Skulls’ also starring Joshua Jackson over the following few years. 2001 saw him reach worldwide attention with an appearance in ‘The Fast and the Furious’ with Vin Diesel. He subsequently appeared in the following sequels ‘2 Fast 2 Furious’, ‘Fast & Furious’, ‘Fast Five’ and ‘Fast & Furious 6’. Also in 2001, he appeared in ‘Joy Ride’ with Steve Zahn which was soon followed by 2003 sci-fi film, 2005’s ‘Into the Blue’ and Clint Eastwood’s ‘Flags of Our Fathers’ adaptation in 2006. In 2006, he starred in ‘Eight Below’ which became a tremendous box office success.
The last film Paul saw the release of before his death was Wayne Kramer’s ‘Hustlers’. Later, ‘Hours’ – a film based on Hurricane Katrina – was released in 2013, and ‘District 13’ remake ‘Brick Mansions’ came out in 2014. As Paul died during the filming of ‘Fast & Furious 7’, his brothers were enlisted as body doubles for the rest of production which will also feature CGI.
Paul Walker has a daughter named Meadow with his former girlfriend Rebecca Soteros. He had been in a relationship with Jasmine Gosnell at the time of his death. She was said to be ‘broken up’ about his passing. He had a brown belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu and was awarded an honorary black belt by his trainer after his death.
Walker had a passion for marine biology and was on the Board of Directors of The Billfish Foundation. In 2010, he visited Constitución, Chile to aid those injured in the earthquake. He joined Reach Out Worldwide to attend to the Haiti earthquake victims. Another passion of Paul’s was cars and he competed in the Redline Time Attack racing series.
In 2013, he died after a serious car accident involving his friend Roger Rodas’s 2005 Porsche Carrera GT. The car collided with a pole and Walker, who was the passenger in the vehicle, died from traumatic and thermal injuries after the car burst into flames. Rodas also died from his injuries.
• Appeared in commercials for Pampers Diapers at the age of 2.
• Made his TV series debut in a two-part 1986 episode of the Michael Landon drama Highway to Heaven; subsequently appeared on ’80s sitcoms Charles in Charge, Diff’rent Strokes and Who’s the Boss?
• Was nominated for Best Young Actor in a Daytime Series and Best Youth Actor in a Soap Opera at the 14th and 15th Annual Youth in Film Awards, respectively, for his role on the long-running The Young & the Restless.
• Breakout role came in 2001 with a part in Rob Cohen’s car-racing smash The Fast and the Furious, which earned him an MTV Movie Award nomination for Best Breakthrough Performance – Male.
• Combined his longtime love for surfing with his acting career when he starred in 2005’s Into the Blue.
• In 2010, founded the charity REACT Worldwide, which sends money and physical aid to areas struck by natural disasters.
• Died in 2013 in a car crash (as the passenger) after attending a charity event.
• Cody Walker — Brother
• Bliss Ellis — Ex-significant Other
• Cheryl — Mother
• Ashlie Walker — Sister
• Jasmine Pilchard-Gosnell — Ex-significant Other
• Rebecca Soteros — Ex-significant Other
• Caleb Walker — Brother
• William Walker — Grandfather
• Paul William Walker III — Father
• Meadow Rain Walker — Daughter
1 “You know, all that really matters is that the people you love are happy and healthy. Everything else is just sprinkled on the sundae.”
2 “I think my mom put it best. She said, ’Little girls soften their daddy’s hearts.”
3 “When I was younger, the pressure was just being cool. I never thought of myself as a cool guy. I always thought of myself as more of the goofy guy.”
4 “Attitude is attitude, whether you’re a West Coast gangster or East Coast gangster, you know?”
5 “I’m a crazy car guy. I’ve got an airplane hangar full of cars.”
6 “I want to have the freedom to do whatever I want.”
7 “There’s more to life than movies.”
8 “I’ve always wanted to race cars, ever since I was a young boy, as I think a lot of guys have.”
9 “My mom was always really healthy and cautious about her diet, so I’m not a big sugar guy.”
10 “I’m into being a dad, that’s where my focus is most of the time. I’m an actor that’s my job, but it’s not my life. I have a lot of other interests too.”