Regular flow of blood from heart in the body is due to diastolic and systolic pressure of heart. If there is any obstruction in the flow of blood, then heart has to pump the blood with more force causing high blood pressure. This state is known as hypertension . The diastolic pressure and systolic pressure of a healthy person is about 80 mmhg and 120 mmhg respectively. In a state of hypertension it can be more than 120 mmhg diastolic and 220 mmhg systolic. Hypertension also leads to many other problems related to heart and kidneys and psychological disorders .
CAUSES OF HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
2. Obesity – generally obesity leads to increase in the body size . Consequently heart has to work more leading to hypertension.
3. STRESS AND STRAIN.
Busy life , menal stress and problems of modern life are the main causes of hypertension. Surveys have conformed that people living in congested and noisy environment in cities suffer from hypertension as compared to the rural people who live in peaceful environment
4. USE OF NARCOTICS AND ALCOHOL.
smoking , drinking and use of drugs causes hypertension. In india this cause of hypertension is more common in males
Hypertension is more common in adults. Males are more prone to this disease than females. It is more common among rich people than in poor .
6. FOOD HABITS
people who are consuming more fats , saturated fatty acids and salt are more prone to hypertension
7. KIDNEY AND CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES
Kidney disorders and blockage of arteries due to cholesterol leading to lesser elasticity increases the possibility of hypertension
SYMPTOMS OF HYPERTENSION
1 headache . Especially in the rear head
2 giddiness, gastritis, nausea and vomiting
4 deterioration of vision
5. Psychological disorders
6. General weakness
7. Kidneys, pancreas and heart are affected in chonic
1 . Calories. Obese people generally are more prone to hypertension so they should take less of calories. In any case weight should be controlled. Carbohydrates should be the main source of calories
2. Proteins – for proper nutrition 50 gm of protein should be given . In any case of very high blood pressure protein should be restricted to 20 gm only because the food having more of protein contain for of sodium also
3. Fats – a person suffering from hypertension has greater chances of having atherosclerosis. Therefore animal fats and saturated fatty acids should be avoided.
4. Minerals. The amount of sodium should be restricted. The following are the recommendations of American heart association regarding intake of sodium.
– low blood pressure upto 1000 mmhg/day
– moderate high blood pressure -500 mmhg/day
Use of potassium is better than sodium in hypertension
5. LIQUIDS. In case of moderate urination intake of liquids should be normal . But in case of odema intake of liquids should be restricted
1. SIMPLE nutritious food is good for the patient
2 . Unsaturated fatty acids found in vegetable oils etc. Are not harmful for the patient therefore saffola, peanut oil , vegetable soyavean oil etc. Are recommended
3 . Foods which do not contain sodium should be given eg. Hand pounded rice, rajma , lobia , bathua , mint , musturd leaves , onion , turnip , pumpkins, gowarbeans etc.
4. Other recommended foods are cereals, tonned milk , curd , fruit juices , tubers , peas , radish leaves , cucumber etc.
5 pulses like arhar , soya bean , whole green gram , moth , etc. Should be included.
So this was all about hypertension or blood pressure. Hope you like all the tips and do follow this for a healthy life.