Exercise can be defined as any physical activity which contributes to maintaining the physical health and well being of a person. Yoga is aimed at the physical, the mental and spiritual growth of a person, exercise is concerned only with the physical aspect of the human body. Many internal body organs and systems such as the digestive system, respiratory system, cardiovascular system, etc. are enriched and boosted by exercising regularly.
There are many forms of exercises which are followed and practiced by people all over the world. Some exercises are devoted to a limited number of body parts, while some exercises engage all parts of the body at once. Activities such as swimming, jogging, skipping, sports like football, tennis, badminton, etc. are all types of exercises. Specific workouts such as gym, aerobics, dance, etc. are also other forms of exercise.
Although it can be argued that gym workouts are better than yoga and vice-versa, the subject matter is highly ambiguous and debatable. Since both activities are good for your health, physically as well as mentally, it is very difficult to say which one is better.
1. Yoga encourages flexibility and capacity to adapt to the environment and to change if done correctly. They also help develop stamina.
2. Physical exercise tends to overwork the joints and can often lead to stiffness. The opposite is the case with yoga.
3. Yoga is suitable for people of all ages, whereas gymming and other
intense physical activities are not advisable for old people or those with specific medical ailments like hypertension and heart problems.
4. While gymming and other exercises focus on building the body and helping you attain the desired body figure, yoga and walking aims at
regulating the entire body mechanism, with more emphasis on mind control.
5. Gymming requires you to go to the gym, whereas yoga and walking can be done anywhere and everywhere.
Benefits of yoga
- Keeps you active whole day.
- Increase mind control over the body.
- Improve blood circulation.
- Relieve anxiety and keeps one stress-free.
- Can be practiced anywhere and everywhere.
Benefits of gym
- Keep muscles fit.
- Enhance respiration and perspiration.
- Helps in weight loss.
- Relieve stress.
- Increase appetite and food consumption.
So we cannot say that which one is good or bad instead we can say that both are beneficial for our health. If you want to stay healthy, active, and fresh then you must do yoga regularly and if you want to stay fit, powerful, and energized then you must go the gym…