What can I do to get more fit?
Any type of regular, physical activity can improve your fitness and your health. The most important thing is that you keep moving!
Exercise should be a regular part of your day, like brushing your teeth, eating, and sleeping. It can be in gym class, joining a sports team, or working out on your own. Keep the following tips in mind:
- Stay positive and have fun.
- Take it one step at a time.
- Get you heart pumping.
- Don’t forget to warm up.
Your goal should be to do some type of exercise every day. It is best to do some kind of aerobic activity without stopping for at least 20 to 30 minutes each time. Do the activity as often as possible, but don’t exercise to the point of pain.
A Healthy Lifestyle
In addition to exercise, making just a few other changes in your life can help keep you healthy, such as Drink alcohol in moderation, if you choose to drink.
- Choose a healthy Meal at least 3 times in a day.
2. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids before, during, and after any exercise (water is best). This will help replace what you lose when you sweat.
3. Stop drinking or drink fewer regular soft drinks.
4. Eat less junk food and fast food.
5. Get 9 to 10 hours of sleep every night.
6. Don’t smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol, or do drugs.