Testosterone is the main male sex hormone, but females also have small amounts of it. It is a steroid hormone, produced in men’s testicles and women’s ovaries. During puberty in boys, testosterone is one of the main aspects of physical changes like the increased muscle, deeper voice and hair growth. Additionally, increasing your testosterone levels can cause rapid gains in muscle mass in only a matter of weeks.
The testosterone can boost muscle, burn body fat, and support your mood, sleep, energy, overall health, and quality of life. Most men experience a slow decline in the testosterone after they cross the age of 30, putting them at greater risk for heart disease, diabetes, obesity, low mineral density, impaired sexual function, reduced muscle mass, etc…
Boost Your Testosterone
1. Eat more fat – Poly-unsaturated fatty acids, for instance, can do more harm than good, in order to boost your testosterone naturally you should eat more saturated fat, butter, bacon, egg yolks, beef fat. These are all sources of saturated fat, cholesterol is one of the most essential building blocks of testosterone.
2. Consume more zinc and Vitamin D – Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, Magnesium, and Zinc are all powerful precursors that your body uses to help manufacture testosterone. Low vitamin D3 is associated with low testosterone production. Be sure to increase your vitamin D through good amounts of regular sun exposure or taking a high-quality vitamin D3/K2 supplement.
3. Less Sugar Intake – Sugar does the most damage by leading to surges in blood sugar and raising insulin levels. High levels of insulin reduce blood levels of testosterone. When men consumed a glucose solution as part of a glucose tolerance test, the amount of circulating testosterone in their blood is reduced by as much as 25 percent.
4. Strength Training – Strength training is also known to boost testosterone levels. While doing strength training to boost testosterone, you have to increase the weight and lower your number of reps, and then focus on exercises that work on a large number of muscles, such as deadlifts or squats.
5. Herbal supplements – To boost the testosterone level you can use supplements or medicines boosting it, like ashwagandha, shilajit, gokshura, and multivitamin capsules which helps in increasing the testosterone level. Therefore take these medicines or supplements before sleep. In a day 2-3 capsules should be consumed with water, you can also add up milk to increase the nutrition of the medicine to work better.
6. Good sleep – A lack of quality sleep can dramatically diminish the amount of testosterone your body produces, thereby reducing muscle growth and fat loss. Research has demonstrated that the amount of sleep you get is associated with morning testosterone levels. 7-9 hours of sleep per night is required to optimize the testosterone response and increasing level.
So if you want to increase your testosterone naturally then you must follow these steps of the schedule. Testosterone helps in body gains and increases lifting capacity.