CA is the only course in India that provides a degree without reservation. After getting the degree the student can start his own practice or become an employee in any company. This degree gives you flexibility to go for higher studies like CFA (US) and MBA. There is no constraint on study hours, study for as many hours as you can. ICAI is the second largest accounting body in the world.
WHAT IT TAKES TO BECOME A CA?
CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT is a course of 4 years. First you have to clear your CPT exam and then after 9 months you have to appear for IPCC and clear it as well. After clearing IPCC you have to do 3 years of articleship then you have to clear your CA final exam.
Only CA students can feel the 9 months pressure of pregnant women during IPCC
35% of the students qualify CPT.
11% of the students qualify IPCC.
3% of the students qualify CA.
Now let’s take an example: suppose 1000 students fill the CA form.
35% will pass CPT which is equivalent to 350 students.
11% will pass IPCC which is equivalent to 39 students (11% of 350).
3% will pass CA final which is equivalent to 1 student (3% of 39).
If you can clear CA, you are one in a thousand, which means that 100 out of one lakh students become a CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT. I hope now you can understand the value of this degree.
“CA IS NOT A TOUGH COURSE
IT IS A COURSE FOR TOUGH PEOPLE”
OPPORTUNITIES FOR CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT:-
- You can have your own independent practice.
- You can join the government services such as IAS.
- Easily get placement in an audit firm.
- Institute of ICAI of India is well recognized abroad, like in England, Wales and Australia so you can even practice in these countries.
- There is a huge demand of CA in manufacturing and financing department in India.
- You can be an entrepreneur.
- A CA can easily get jobs in the Singapore finance company.
- You can open your own audit firm in India.
“BEHIND EVERY SUCCESSFUL BUSINESSMAN THERE IS A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT”.
PROBLEMS THAT YOU CAN FACE WHILE PREPARING FOR CA
You can get into depression if you cannot clear the exam in the 1st attempt. On top of that if your friends clear the exam, your demotivation will reach a new high. Society and your relatives will ask you for your result and you will start felling humiliated. You will feel as if all your dreams and plans are smashed in front of you. You will start thinking that it’s time to QUIT and move to some other courses. Remember, life of a CA student is a constant struggle and you have to face it.
Studying for long hours will make you want to watch pornography. You have to avoid porn because it will waste your 3 to 4 hours and though you will feel relaxed for a while but after that you will feel demotivated.
When we fail in CA exams we start giving excuses and start blaming our teachers, parents and study material and the list goes on and on. Remember, excuses are for loosers, winners give result.
WHEN YOU FAIL IN YOUR 2ND ATTEMPT
People will tell you that you can’t do it, and that is high time to prove them wrong. You are the creator of your life. You can do anything. Take action. Be the one to make things happen, 80% of the people allow their fear of failure to drop their dreams. Your tomorrow can be better than today but for it you have to believe in yourself. Always listen to people but the decision should be yours. You can do anything. Your mind is the greatest asset you have.
REASONS WHY CA IS PREFERABLE OVER OTHER STREAMS
- There are only 80000 CAs in India. India is a developing country which needs more company, financing sectors and industry and that means the demand for CA will increase.
- It is a good combination of degrees combined with IAS, MBA, CFA AND LLB.
- There is no reservation in this course.
- It gives you knowledge about business law and accounting.
- It is the toughest and one of the most respected courses in India.
- Advocate HARISH SALVE is also a CA. You can read his biography.
HAVE YOU DECIDED WHAT YOU WANT TO BE IN FUTURE?
“I NEED MBAs FOR RUNNING MY BUSINESS
A CA TO TEACH THEM HOW TO RUN THE BUSINESS” – RATAN TATA