Who is Priya?
Priya Prakash Varrier, a young actress who is among the most talked about sensation for the last few weeks, comes from Kerala, India, and is only 18 years old. Currently, the actress is pursuing her B.com (Bachelor of Commerce) from Vimala College, Thrissur, Kerala. She belongs to a not so famous family, her father works as an employee in Central Excise department and mother is a housewife.
9 lesser known facts about Priya:
- She made her debut into acting through her film named “Oru Adaar Love”.
- She belongs to a Malayali family.
- She started her modeling career in 2017 and walked the ramp for various fashion designers along with participation in various beauty pageants.
- She is a trained classical dancer particularly in Mohiniyattam and Bharatnatyam, probably a reason behind her felicity with raising the eyebrow.
- She also learned the classical music and posted her singing and dancing videos on different social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook.
- Initially she acted in 3 short films in 2017.
- By 2018, she got the chance to appear in the Tamil music video, “Nee Vaanam Naan Mazhai.”
- On February 9 2018, she was all over the internet after the release of her music video “manikya Malaraya Poovi” from her debut Malayalam film “Oru Adaar Love”. The clip which made her famous was when she winks at her co-actor, Roshan Abdul Rahoof, the scene went extremely viral on social media.
- She became the first Indian celebrity to have registered 6,10,000 followers on Instagram on her very first day on platform.
- Reportedly, she swept the internet off its feet. Varrier saw an unprecedented craze for her video and expressions within few hours.
- Defeating Sunny Leone for most searched actress
- What is interesting is that she has elbowed aside Sunny Leone to become the most searched celebrity on Google search engine and has also taken over the popularity of Deepika Padukone and Katrina Kaif on Google.
Winking case: FIR lodged against Priya
FIR’s lodged against Priya
While the nation is busy crushing on the gorgeous girl, her viral clip has invited opposition from a Muslim youth in Hyderabad. For Priya it soon turned out to be a nightmare as she found that an FIR has been registered against Priya and director for a song in which the actress winks, the song is linked to the life of the prophet. Priya along with her director moved to SC for quashing the FIR, invoking artist’s fundamental right to speech and expression.
Supreme Court’s relief to Priya
On Wednesday (21st February 2018) bench of CJ Dipak Mishra and other justices gave absolute protection from criminal proceedings to Priya and quashed the three FIR’s altogether.
Following picture was posted by Priya on 21st Feb 2018 on her official Instagram account: