“GOD, PLEASE HELP ME AT THESE EXAMINATIONS. LORD, I AM NOT READY FOR THEM. I KNOW I SHOULD HAVE STUDIED MY LESSONS DAILY. I PROMISE I WILL DO THAT IN FUTURE. I KNOW THAT I HAVE PROMISED THIS BEFORE AND I FORGOT. THE NEXT TERM I WILL NOT. HELP ME JUST ONCE MORE. IMMEDIATELY AFTER THESE EXAMS I WILL MAKE A ROUTINE FOR MY DAY AND I WILL STUDY EACH AND EVERY SINGLE DAY. I WILL NEVER AGAIN LEAVE MY STUDIES FOR THE LAST DAY. HELP ME JUST THIS ONCE MORE!”
How many times have we said this prayer?
Some people are always in a hurry because they are always a little late. They are generally people who put things off for later. Putting off for tomorrow what we can do today only adds to our problems.
A man in Madhya Pradesh once went hunting in the forest, armed with a sling. After his stones were finished he noticed a large bird on a tree. He saw some fine stones lying around, and collected all of them. He shot them one by one at the bird. The bird flew off, and the stones fell into a whirlpool in the river below the tree. He was left with one last pebble from what he had gathered. He was about to throw it away, too. But he saw it was pretty, and he saved it as a toy for his little daughter.
On the way home, he met a diamond merchant who noticed the stone in his hand and recognized it immediately – it was a diamond! The hunter could only lament his bad fortune. He had not realized at the right time the true value of the stones he had thrown into the river.
Every ‘today’ is precious. Once lost, it can never be recovered. How many precious ‘today’s have you wasted, doing nothing?’
There is no tomorrow. It is found only in the calendars of fools. For them tomorrow is the day when they will start studying. Tomorrow is the day they will correct their mistaes, work harder, change their habits, repair broken friendships, repay old debts, study better, do the home-work on time…”Yes to everything, but “yes, tomorrow..”
Tomorrow never comes we only have Today.
Yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery but Today is a gift and that is why it’s called Present.
You can do anything that you set your mind to. You are strong, capable and not afraid. But by putting things off for a future moment, you are giving in to laziness and self-doubt. You are cheating yourself.
In order to get the most of today, we concentrate our attention on it, It is useless to worry about yesterday. We cannot change what has happened. It is foolish to wait for tomorrow. Tomorrow will bring enough of its own work.
FOR TOMORROW AND ITS NEED; I DO NOT PRAY: LET ME BE HAPPY AND CONTENT JUST FOR TODAY!
Why do we put things off?
Putting things off allows us to escape (just for a time) from unpleasant activities. There are things we are afraid to do, or we do not enjoy doing. There are things a part of us wants to do and a part of us doesn’t.
Some of us wait for things to get better. It is wrong to wait for the situation to become perfect before we start work. Instead, we accept the things we cannot change we do what we need to.
Change is painful. It is difficult. It is risky. Some people prefer to stay exactly as they are forever. So they avoid changing their habits.
Some others want to escape their responsibility by saying study or work is boring. Instead of blaming themselves they blame the ‘boring’ study or work.
There are people with no self-confidence. They can avoid failure by avoiding all challenging activities. In this way they never have to come face-to-face with their lack of ability.
Some people are looking for sympathy from others. They want others to think they have too many things to study or do.
All these peole haven’t grown up. They are waiting for other people to do everything for them. By putting things off, they hope someone else will do them. Delaying may be a means of manipulating others.
Some others think if they do a thing well, people may ask them to do even more. By avoiding a task they avoid success. If they do no succeed, others will not ask them to do more. They are so lazy they do not want success.
Starting from Today
Once we get into the habit of putting things off until tomorrow, it is difficult to changes. This is a clear proof that we are not winners. We will lose always.
Click on the link to know what the value of time is : https://motivationpedia.com/the-value-of-time/
Today is the first day of the rest of your life!
You cannot be successful if you do not do each day its work. Here are some suggestions to cure yourself of the habit of putting off things.
- Live “one day at a time.” Think about today and try to use it to do what you need to, refuse to put off anything that could bring you true joy and satisfaction.
- Do something right now, however small it be, that you have been postponing, perhaps tidying up your room, doing your assignment or helping someone in need.
- Make for yourself a daily routine. Make your own programme, and stick to it (For example, from 5 pm to 7 pm I will concentrate on my studies and reading). You will notice that your hard work will give you great joy and happiness.
- Set small targets for yourself and set time limits, within which to achieve them (For example, by this evening I will memorize two stanzas of this poem; or I will learn five new words every day). You will thus build up your confidence in your capacity to achieve whatever you want to do and at the proper time.
- Be courageous about undertaking an activity that you have been avoiding. Taking the first step can remove all that fear.
- Perhaps in the beginning you will have to work hard to realize your goals, but slowly you will see results.
- If you want the world to change, don’t complain about it. Do something. Be a doer, not a wisher, hope(r) or a critic.
IF YOU NEED SOMETHING TO BE DONE URGENTLY, ASK THE BUSY MAN. THE TRULY BUSY MAN DOES EACH DAY WHAT HE NEEDS TO DO AND CAN MAKE THE TIME TO DO SOMETHING MORE. THE LAZY MAN KEEPS POSTPONING TASKS AND FINDS NO TIME TO DO ANYTHING AT ALL. STUDY TODAY WHAT YOU NEED TO STUDY TOMORROW.