- Smoking costs US $ 33 billion per year in the health care.
- One in every 5 deaths in the US is due to smoking.
- Every cigarette you smoke reduces your life span by 11 minutes.
- A single cigarette contains over 4800 chemicals.
- Every day, nearly 4000 teens smoke their first cigarette.
- Average smoker in US spends a minimum of $1500 to a maximum of $3000 on this deadly habit.
- 15 billion cigarettes are smoked worldwide every day.
- About 69% of the smokers want to quit smoking completely…
- Smoking near APPLES’ computers voids warranty.
- More than a third of the world’s smokers are Chinese.
- Johan Adams, the 2nd president of the US started smoking at the age of 8.
- 6 million People in US. live with the serious illness caused by smoking.
- It turns your hair grey faster, a study says.
- The Chinese smoking population is higher than the entire US population.
- A third of the world population smokes.
- Hitler led the first anti-smoking campaign in history.
- One hookah tobacco smoking session delivers 25 times the tar of a single cigarette.
- World’s largest producer of cigarette is a company owned by the Chinese government.
REASONS OF SMOKING
Nowadays people want to be stress free, so they find a lazy way which is smoking, for them cigarette has now become a way of self meditation. For decades soldiers have taken up smoking on battle field to deal with war time stress. Teens do it because they want to fit with the crowd (all my friends do it), to show others they are cool and now have grown up. It has become a teen’s way to assert their independence.
Most people in the world get a free sample from friends and advertisers. If parents or their elder siblings smoke then there is every chance of them also indulging in it.
WHEN AND WHY MOST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD SMOKE ?
- After having a meal.
- To reduce nervousness.
- To celebrate something.
- After sex
- To seek relief from work pressure.
- While drinking.
- While having tea or coffee.
- When they are angry.
- To satisfy an urge or impulse.
- In depression.
- While driving a car.
ARE YOU SMOKING YET?
If you are smoking for a while, tell me what have you achieved? Have you achieved your life’s goals, or it has made you smarter, cool or intelligent. It has not helped you; it is only killing you from inside. You know the reality that smoking kills, but you follow the illusion that, my parents, my friends and my mentors smoke so I should also smoke. Everyone is literate. They can read that every cigarette packet has a warning on it that says “SMOKING KILLS” but they don’t accept the reality, rather they accept illusion.
If you want to quit smoking then read these steps to get rid of a cigarette. It’s your choice, your life, your decision and your money. So make a wise choice.
7 STEPS TO QUIT SMOKING
Set a target: – Set a time limit when you will stop smoking. Take time for it, you started smoking slowly so you should quit it slowly.
Take support: – Take support of your parents, teachers and friends. There are some friends who have influenced you to smoke so there will be many friends who would help you to stop. When you feel restless you can take their support.
Handle challenges: – When you quit smoking, after 2 days you will feel uncomfortable, depressed, anxious and irritated for 6 times, each time for 3 minutes. Means 6times * 3minutes = 18 minutes. There is hardly a challenge of 18 minutes in a day for you.
Make your environment free of cigarettes: – Remove cigarettes from your car, home and office and remove ash trays so that there is nothing left to remind you of cigarette.
Don’t Trigger moments that urge you to smoke: – The moment you see someone smoke or when you are sitting idle, you start thinking of smoking. So you should avoid such places and friends with whom you used to smoke. You can go out for a walk, drink lots of water or spend time with non-smoking friends and family.
Focus on benefits of a ‘SMOKEFREE’ life: – If you stop smoking, you will have a better health, a long life and a better relationship. You can save more after you quit smoking. Quit for yourself, even your family and loved ones will benefit tremendously from your quitting, and it will be you that will benefit ultimately.
Do not give up, keep trying: – If you failed while trying to quit smoking then it’s fine. Find out what are the reasons because of which you failed to quit. Work on them and find some solutions for them. You will face problems in the beginning but do not give up and in the end you will be able to ‘SAY NO TO A CIGARETTE’.
IF YOU SMOKE THEN ITS HIGH TIME TO STOP AND IF YOU ARE A NON -SMOKER THEN YOU CAN HELP YOUR FRIENDS AND SIBLINGS WHO SMOKE.
PLEASE SHARE YOUR VIEWS ABOUT SMOKING IN THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW AND IF YOU WANT ANY HELP REGARDING THE MATTER, FEEL FREE TO ASK.