Taylor Swift is a worldwide renowned singer and songwriter. Here are some short and crisp biographical notes on Taylor swift.
Taylor Alison Swift is the full name of Taylor Swift. She is an American Singer and Song writer. She was born on 13th December, 1989 in Pennsylvania, United States. She is one of the leading recording artists around the world. As a child, she started developing more interests in music and playing guitar. She started writing poems during her school days. She grew up as a child prodigy, who signed the label of Big Machine Records and published her debut album “Taylor Swift” in the age of sixteen. The album gave her a limelight among the country music lovers. The female singers Shania Twain and Stevie Nicks influenced Taylor very much. Her genres are country, pop and pop rock. At the beginning of her career, she addressed herself as a country singer-song writer. But gradually she tried her hands on genres like pop and other forms of music.
1. Taylor Swift (2006)
2. Fearless (2008)
3. Speak Now (2010)
4. Red (2012)
5. 1989 (2014)
6. Reputation (2017)
Like an Oscar is for Actors, for Musicians it is Grammy Awards. She has received 10 Grammy Awards, 19 American Music Awards, 23 Billboard Music Awards, 12 Country Music Association Awards, 8 Academy of Country Music Awards, 1 Brit Award and one Creative Arts Emmy Award. Her albums mostly become a Platinum albums not only in America but also in other countries. Each of her studio albums Taylor Swift, Fearless, Speak Now, Red and 1989 have sold over 4 million copies in the United States. According to Recording Industry association of America, Swift is the third best-selling digital singles artist in the United States with a total of 106.5 million equivalent units.
Taylor Swift has a humungous fan following around the globe. It is considered one of the largest fandom in the world. They call themselves as ‘Swifties’. She does maintain a close relationship with her fans. She even conducts a secret sessions on listening her albums with her fans in her own mansions before the publishing of her albums. Her fans have more fan pages on their ideal Taylor. She is called as “Tay Tay”. She also never forgets to entertain her fans by giving surprise visits and chatting with fans on social media. She has more Instagram followers with 110 million followers. She has this custom of including more secrets in her music videos. It becomes the treasure hunt for the Swifties to break out the clues and finding the secrets included in the video.
Her Mixed Fame:
How far she has a good name in music industry that much she also faces some mixed criticism on her love life. Also she has more frenemies in the music industry like Kanye West, Katy Perry, Kim Kardashian and etc. She has been commented as ‘Snake’ on social media by Kim Kardashian. In spite of being devastated, she embraced the snake in her current album Reputation. She has been slut shaming for having more love lives. Also she is famous for her narrative lyrics about her ex-love lives and her boyfriends. She turned all her negative criticisms into her top hit lists like “Shake it off”, “Look What You Made Me Do”, “Blank Space”, “Mean”, etc. Her music videos have more number of views on You Tube. She is known for her some witty and beautiful lyrics.
Some Fabulous Lyrics of her:
1. “Baby I could build a castle out of all the bricks they threw at me…….the best people in life are free” – New Romantics
2. “Darling, I’m a nightmare dressed like a daydream” – Blank Space
3. “The saddest fear comes creeping in- that you never loved me or her, or anyone, or anything…”- I Knew You Were Trouble
4. “You got that James Dean daydream look in your eyes and I got the red lip classic thing that you like. When we go crashing down, we come back every time ‘cause we never go out of STYLE”- Style
5. “The rest of the world was black and white, but we were in screaming colour”- Out of the Woods
6. “Band-Aids don’t fix bullet holes. You say sorry just for show”- Bad Blood
7. “I bury hatches but I keep maps of where I put’em/ Reputation precedes me, they told you I’m crazy/ I swear I don’t love drama, it loves me/ and I can’t let you go, your hand print’s on my soul/ it’s like your eyes are liquor, it’s like your body is gold/ You’ve been calling my bluff on all my usual tricks/ so here’s the truth from my red lips”- End Game
8. “Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone/ I’ll be waiting, all there’s left to do is run/ you’ll be the prince and I’ll be the princess/ It’s a love story baby just say “yes””- Love Story