HOW TO START A STARTUP:-
The world is changing fast. Every day Forbes magazine is declaring a new millionaire or a billionaire. Every student wants to create something special. Everyone has a dream of becoming a millionaire or a billionaire in a short time. But, the problem with today’s generation is that they don’t know how to start a start-up. They don’t have the right ideas or the correct information about startups.
That’s why 75% of the world’s startups fail. Good planning and proper knowledge are very necessary to build a very successful start-up.
In this article, I will give you some of the fundamental tips for finding the right startup ideas and how to gather complete information about your startup.
The best way to find a great startup idea or to create something worthy is to solve people’s problems.
You can become a billionaire by solving a billion dollar problem or by solving a problem that billions of people face.
But first of all, you need to identify your passion or hobby or something in which you are good at. All successful people build their careers around their passion.
Just find your true passion and try to build your career around it because of the following reasons:-
1. You will never get bored or tired while doing what you love to do.
2. In the initial years of your start-up, you will not get de-motivated even if you are not earning any money because you will be loving what you will be doing.
3. If you are doing something that you love to do then, there will be fewer chances of you failing. It does not ensure that you will not fail. But, if you fail, instead of feeling like giving up, you will find out the causes of your failure and try to find out the best solutions for it.
These are the advantages that you will have if you build your career around your passion. So go and make your passion earn for you.
If you want to know more about the power of passion and persistence then I will encourage you to read this book:
[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”160″ identifier=”1501111108″ locale=”US” src=”https://motivationpedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/51eNdezUTkL.SL160.jpg” tag=”motivationped-20″ width=”120″]
I learned from this book that passion is a journey, not an event. If you want to be successful with your startup, then you have to be passionate and persistent for it, and this book teaches this lesson with many motivational real-life examples.
The second problem that you will face with startups is: ‘How to get an idea that will work?’
Some people tell me, “I live in a small city, so how can I know the problems that people living in other cities, states, and countries are facing?”
The solution to this problem is your smartphone. Yes, you read it right. The smartphone which your mother curses as being the cause of all problems in the world.
How much time do you spend on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat or Whatsapp per day? By properly utilizing your time and with the help of these social platforms you can find an idea for your startup. Let me tell you how?
Let me tell you how?
Follow these simple steps-
1. Create an account on Facebook or Instagram or create a WhatsApp group. Name it as you like.
2. In the about us or description section of your page write something similar to this, “We will give solutions for your problems. You can message us 24*7, and our dedicated team will provide you with the best solution possible.”
3. Post regularly on those accounts, and after some time you will start getting response from people.
This is a screenshot of a conversation that I had with one of our followers on Instagram. The follower messaged us asking us how she can prioritize her time? When you have followers on Instagram and likes on the Facebook account, you get many such messages. You can pick one common problem which today’s generation is facing, and you can make an app or product or anything that solves that problem.
I like the facebook group of Mensutra where you can read and find problems of various people. You can help group members in solving their problems and in return get back likes for your Facebook page or Instagram account.
Now, the third most important thing about startups: How to find the right information about your start-up?
After finding your right startup idea, the most important thing is to get the information about the field you are about to dive into. I will tell you about some of the resources from where you can get the right information related to your business.
If you are thinking of making a website or a Mobile app, then these are the best tools for you. Using these tools, you can get an idea of how many people are searching for your product. It helps you to know whether there is a demand for your product or not. It also helps you decide a catchy and effective name for your website or your mobile app.
Google keyword tool also helps you find out the number of searches per month for your product.
Keyword tool suggester gives you related Google suggestion for your product.
2. Google – The second best option from where you can get the best information is Google. Everything is available on Google. You just need to google your queries, and it will give you the best information from around the globe. But, before taking information from any site check the reputation and worthiness of the site because even a piece of wrong information can prove to be a major setback to your whole plan.
Reputed sites which provide you the best information:-
- Quora– Quora provides the best solutions and accurate answers to people’s queries.
- List of top 50 blogging sites from where you can get genuine information
Do a deep study on your start-up to make it a huge success. Find as much information as you can and also try to find out all the pros and the cons about your product and it’s market.
The message before you start your startup:-
Experience shows that success is due less to ability than to zeal. The winner is he who gives himself to his work, body, and soul. -Charles Buxton
There are too many individuals in this world who don’t do what they like. They work very hard, but they don’t get the desired results regardless of how many motivational videos they watch. Remember, your failure is not caused by the lack of talent but the choices you made in your past. So start now, do whatever you like and don’t waste your time.
If you have any more queries regarding startups, then please comment below, I will be more than happy to help.
The next article in the ‘STARTUP SERIES’ will be on ‘How to talk to your parents and make them believe in you and your startup?’.