1. ALMONDS- Almonds are a great source of mono- and polyunsaturated fats, which can help lower your cholesterol and keep you slim. They also contain fewer calories than most other varieties of nuts (just 163 calories for 23), as well as plenty of fiber and vitamin E.
2. BLUEBERRIES- One cup of antioxidant-rich blueberries contains just 80 calories and 4 grams of fiber, which helps your body feel full for longer. They’re also a good source of manganese, which can speed up metabolism and make you feel energized.
3. COCOA- If you’re like me, you welcome any new excuse to add more chocolate to your life. Cocoa contains more phenolic antioxidants than most foods. Just look at this list of benefits from a recent study done at the Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center by David L.
4. BROWN RICE- Rice is a staple in many countries because it is so cheap. Brown rice, even though it’s a carb, is healthy for you and can actually help you lose weight! A serving of brown rice contains 21% of the daily recommended amount of magnesium, 15% of vitamin B6, 4% of the daily recommended amount of iron and 3.5 grams of fiber.
5. BEANS- Garbanzo beans, kidney beans, black beans: Beans not only have protein but they have fiber too! Beans are cheap, low in calories, and you can add almost any kind of herb or spice to create different flavor combinations.
6. APPLE- Apples are rich in antioxidants and phytonutrients that fight free radicals. They’re also packed with vitamins and dietary fiber to keep you full.
7. PEARS- Pears are incredible for controlling appetite. Since pears have an average of 5.5 grams of fiber, they keep our digestive systems moving. Fiber helps our bodies absorb the nutrients and vitamins of all the other superfoods on our list.