1. EGGS- Whole eggs are among the healthiest and most nutritious foods on the planet.They are loaded with vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, eye-protecting antioxidants and brain nutrients that most people don’t get enough of. Whole eggs are high in protein, but egg whites are almost pure protein.
2. CHICKEN BREAST- This bodybuilding and weight-loss staple is a better protein source than other poultry cuts, which is why it should remain a constant presence in your shopping cart. To save money, stock up on this staple when it’s marked down for quick sale.
3. PEANUT BUTTER- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter contain 7.7 grams of protein and 188 calories (meets 15% of your daily protein requirement).
4. FISH- Fish is a healthy alternative to several popular meat options. It contains the same amount of protein as red meat. Salmon is the best source of protein compared to most other fishes.
5. CHEESE- Cheese is a valuable source of calcium, protein, fat and phosphorus. Non-fat mozzarella cheese is another best foods with high protein out of all the varieties of cheese.
6. TOFU- 1/2 cup of tofu gives you 8 – 10 grams of protein. Besides this, tofu is a proven source of essential amino acids, iron as well as calcium.
7. LENTILS- Indians can’t do without their dals, be it arhar, urad or moong. A part of almost every meal, lentils are an easy and inexpensive way of amping up your intake of protein, fiber and essential minerals.