What is Celibacy?
Celibacy is the state of abstaining from marriage and sexual relations.
The practice of Celibacy has innumerable benefits, let’s have a look at some of them:
• A person practising Celibacy is able to explore the power of the mind, body and speech. This means that they are able to accomplish much more than normal people can.
Your focus and willpower increases.
• If ‘brahmacharya (Celibacy)’ is practised for a few years with the right control, then the semen energy rises. This means your energy levels will increase and you will have more physical and mental power. You will be able to remember things for longer periods of time and also will have much higher levels of concentration.
• No matter what obstacles come forth in your life, you will be able to keep a calm head and deal with the situation at hand appropriately.
• Celibacy gives you a direction and purpose in life.
• Immunity power increases and as a result, the body remains healthy. You will be able to tolerate very hot and cold temperatures without getting sick.
• Anger, pride, greed for money and power will gradually decrease.
• Absolute Knowledge (Keval Gyan) can only be attained by practising celibacy.
• Virya (semen) is the ultimate essence of all the food we eat. It is an extract. If this ‘extract’ remains properly preserved, one can attain ‘The Self’ easily, and all the bodily pains can be avoided.
• You will learn the difference between sex and love (Yes! they both are different.)
• You will understand that love is not limited to romantic relationships
• You will experience less mental and emotional attachment towards your family, siblings, and other people.
• Your skin will look better and people around you will see a glow in your skin.
• You will have a better eyesight than normal people.
If you want to see miraculous changes in your mind and body then you must practice celibacy for at least 100 days. After 100 days you will start seeing a change in your energy, memory and focus.
Practising Celibacy is not everyone’s cup of tea but If you want to explore your mind, body and soul and what to get the most out of them then you must give Celibacy a try.