Weight training is a common type of strength training which is used to develop or enhance the strength of muscles. It is an organized exercise and is also called ‘resistance training’ and ‘strength training. It is a common type of resistance training, which is one form of strength training. Strength training can help in controlling excessive body weight, stop bone loss, improves balance of body, and boosts energy level.
Weight-training basics tell us to eat right and lift heavy. It helps in developing muscular strength and general health. When done correctly, following appropriate safety guidelines, weight training is a great activity.”Therefore there are some benefits :
- Increased muscle-fiber size.
- Increased ligament strength.
- Increased tendon strength.
- Increased muscle contractile strength.
All of these add up to a much healthier and fitter body which is less likely to be injured. Weight training provides remarkable results to those who have tried and failed at overhauling their fitness with just normal diet or simple cardio.
Benefits of weight training
Weight or resistance training or strength training has some important benefits beyond building big muscles. It can:
- Tone and shapes the body for weight loss.
- Prevent diseases such as diabetes, osteoporosis, and obesity.
- Prepares you for weightlifting competition in Olympic lifting and in Powerlifting sports.
- Improves performance by increasing the strength, power, and endurance in sports such as football, baseball, hockey, cycling and many individuals and team sports.
- Builds inner strength and improves body balance and functionality.
Benefits of weight training for men
- Improved body posture.
- Lowers the risk of diabetes.
- Reduced stress and anxiety.
- Increased testosterone level.
- A deeper and toner voice.
- Increased muscle mass.
Benefits of weight training for women
- Loose Body Fat.
- Decreases the risk of Osteoporosis.
- Reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Burn More Calories.
- Gain strength without bulking.
- Enhance Mood and Reduce Stress.
- Improves body posture and Reduce Back Pain.
So weight training is an important part of the workout as it increases your inner strength and weight-lifting capacity. Therefore it must be done once for greater results.